Unfortunately, headaches and migraines affect many individuals in Kansas City on a daily basis. Sometimes these can be so debilitating; those who suffer from them are very limited on what they can do each day. One of the best ways to treat regular headaches and migraines is to meet regularly with a chiropractor for migraines in Kansas City, which you can find at Chiropractic Wellness Center.
Often, over-the-counter medications are not an effective form of migraine treatment. They can help when treating headaches, but migraines require more advanced methods. Through chiropractic care, our team at Chiropractic Wellness Center will provide much-needed relief by using natural therapies.
Spinal Manipulation Applied by a Headache Chiropractor in Kansas City
Headaches and migraines often occur due to spine misalignment. There are also other types of headaches caused by tension, which can be effectively treated through chiropractic care. When you meet with a chiropractor for migraines, they may suggest therapies like spinal manipulation in Kansas City, which helps bring the spine back into alignment and allow more efficient blood flow to the brain. Spinal manipulation can also help open blood vessels, which play a crucial role in preventing headaches. Often, throbbing headaches occur if blood vessels are constricted.
Other Forms of Migraine Treatment in Kansas City
Spinal manipulation is an effective treatment for migraines, but it isn’t the only solution. At Chiropractic Wellness Center, you will work with a migraine and headache chiropractor to help identify triggers that may be causing your headaches. There are a wide variety of factors that can cause constant headaches in Kansas City, like foods, stress, allergies, behaviors, and other items.
In some cases, headaches can be a red flag that other underlying conditions that need to be addressed. When you visit our Kansas City facility, our headache and migraine specialists will conduct a thorough evaluation to help identify the root of your headaches. From there, we’ll develop a plan to give you the relief you’ve been looking for.
Ways to Prevent Constant Headaches and Migraines
A chiropractor for migraines can provide much-needed relief, but there are things you can do every day to help reduce the effects of migraines in Kansas City. By following some of these suggestions, it may not cure your migraine issues, but it can help limit the number of headaches and the intensity of each one.
- Add moderate walking into your daily routine; it improves blood flow to your head and neck area
- Work on stress-relieving techniques like deep breathing, stretching, and meditating
- Drink plenty of water; staying hydrated is one of the best ways to stay healthy and prevent dehydration (a common cause of headaches)
- Stay far away from loud noises; this includes concerts, sports bars, clubs, and movie theaters
- Avoid bright lights; light sensitivity is a common cause of headaches so avoid prolonged sun exposure or driving at night
- Limit the amount of time you spend in a fixed position, step away from your desk every 30 minutes and stretch or take a brief walk